Yes folks, it is on tonight (2nd June) at 6pm GMT. Fire up your Apple TV, iPad, iPhone or Safari and tune in to the link below.
Link: Apple - Events - WWDC June 2014
It is all too easy to overspeculate while drinking the rumour juice from many rumours websites. I have seen many people became disappointed afterwards yet they don't understand the company itself.
My predictions for the WWDC annoucements.
- iOS 8
- OS X 10.10
- iCloud expansion (storage, photography, messaging)
- iTunes Radio expansion
WWDC has always been software through and through. Granted there was a Mac Pro announcement and other tidbits in the past. For the sake of predicting, let's have some fun this time around.
- ARM MacBook including talking about battery improvements.
- Gamepad (oh ha ha...)
- I'm not betting on the so called iWatch.*
You name it, let it be here.
- Apple TV SDK
- iWatch (wait, did I say I am not betting on it?)*
- iPad Pro Ultra Extreme *cough*
* The iWatch rumours has been going on for sometime now and I believe that should be an event of its own, should it come to fruition. It's difficult to call because after using Pebble (reviewed back in May 2013), we should leave checking messages, emails etc on the phone. Why deal with looking at the watch then pulling the phones out of our pocket to deal? It creates another problem on top. Just my five pence.
Update 3rd June 2014
Looks like I predicted it all correctly yet there was a lot of surprises along the way. One of the best WWDC keynotes so far. Kudos to everyone at Apple.